'The Four Kings' Card Trick
The magician explains how the "Four Kings" are such close pals, that they will not allow anything get between them.
How to do this trick:
Do these first two steps in advance, before the performance:
- Take the four Kings (K) out of the deck, and also two other cards (C,C).
- Stack the cards, face down as such: K, C, C, K, K, K.
- Fan out the these cards, with the 2 secret cards (C,C) hidden behind the second king. Show the Kings to the spectators.
- Place the Kings (and the two secret cards) face down on the top of the deck.
- Tell the audience that the four Kings are great griends, that they don't allow anything get between them.
- Take the top card (a King) off the deck. Show the audience the King and move this top King on the bottom of the deck.
- Place the next card (not a King) into the center of the deck. Tell them, (but don't show them) that you are moving the next king to the middle of the deck.
- Repeat the previous step, with the next secret card.
- Leave the fourth card on the top, You can show the audience that it is a King.
- Explain that the Kings are such good friends that they will be back together soon.
- Cut the deck in the about the middle, and put the bottom half of the cut on top of the other half. (thus causing all the kings to be togther)
- Fan out the deck so your audience can see, searching the deck for the four Kings. They have been moved next to each other.
Notes: As with all the card tricks on this site, you should have a deck of cards in your hand and go through the motions of performing the trick so that you can understand it easily.
< Back to Card Tricks