The magical phrase is used to conjure a chosen card .
1. Distribute three stacks of cards, each with seven cards.
2. Have an audience member select a stack. Fan out that stack showing the cards to the participant.
3. Have them select a card without telling you. Put the stack of cards you hold in between the other two stacks.
4. Distribute the cards into three stacks again. Hold up each stack individually, questioning the participant if their card is in the stack. When they announce yes, place the stack with the selected card in between the other two stacks again. Repeat this step two more times (for a total of 4 times.)
5. After the last time, hold the all twenty-one cards up, and say the magic words: "Ala Kazaam " .
6. Distribute the cards, one after another, spelling out "A-l-a-K-a-z-a-a-m"; one card for each letter. Deal another card explaining that this next card is for you. Then lay down the final card and tell them it is a card for them.
This final card is uncovered as their selected card!
Notes: As with all the card tricks on this site, you should have a deck of cards in your hand and go through the motions of performing the trick so that you can understand it readily.