'The Four Jacks Card Trick
The magician explains how the "Four Jacks " are such close friends, that they will not allow anything get between them.
How to do this trick:
Do these first two steps in advance, before the show:
- Remove the four Jacks (J) from the deck, as well as two other cards (C,C).
- Stack the cards, face down like this: J, C, C, J, J, J.
- Fan out the these cards, with the 2 secret cards (C,C) hidden behind the second king. Show the Jacks to the spectators.
- Place the Jacks (and the two secret cards) face down on the top of the deck.
- Tell the audience that the four Jacks are such great friends, that they forbid that anything get between them.
- Take the top card (a Jack) off the deck. Show the crowd the Jack and move this top Jack on the bottom of the deck.
- Move the next card (not a Jack) into the center of the deck. Tell them, (but don't show them) that you are moving the next king to the middle of the deck.
- Repeat the previous step, with the next secret card.
- Leave the fourth card on the top, You can show the crowd that it is a Jack.
- Explain that the Jacks are such good friends that they will be back together soon. (You can include your own banter).
- Cut the deck in the about the middle, and put the bottom half of the cut on top of the other half. (thus causing all the Jacks to be together)
Fan out the deck so your crowd can see, searching the deck for the four Jacks. They have been moved next to each other.
Notes: As with all the card tricks on this site, you should have a deck of cards in your hand and go through the motions of performing the trick so that you can grasp it easily
This trick could also work with other face cards: Four Kings or Four Queens...
< Back to Card Tricks