Two of the Same Card Trick
The performer singles out two cards, then gets a participant cut the deck. The magician shows the cards that they selected, then the two cards of the cut deck. The cards match.
How to do this trick:
- Shuffle the deck so the crowd can witness you do so.
- Explain you will select two cards. Riffle through the deck of cards ensuring you peek at the bottom and the top cards of the deck.
- Select a card that is the counterpart of the the bottom card. If the bottom card is the Four of Clubs, you would select the Four of Spades for the ringer. Repeat by selecting a card that matches deck's top card. Put these two cards to the side.
- Get a member of the crowd to cut the deck. Leaving the two stacks face down side by side.
- Take the first card, the one on top of the original top of the deck, and switch it over. Then switch-over the bottom half of the deck over altogether.
- Flip over the cards you selected, and reveal them to the crowd. They match -- Rock on!
Notes: As with all the card tricks on this site, you should have a deck of cards in your hand and go through the motions of performing the trick so that you can understand it easily.
< Back to Card Tricks